Search This Blog

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Tell us Emily (6/6): Champions of Knowledge: "Libraries Work Because We Do"

 

Tell us Emily (6/6): Champions of Knowledge: "Libraries Work Because We Do"
https://youtu.be/kWy-BI4xem8


Finally, who's my hero? I have a lot of them. Some of my favorite Library heroes are located. Right in Quezon City in the Philippines, the faculty of the school of information there, the work that they do to prepare Librarians for important information positions across the Philippines. I'm thinking of the also the University librarian. Amy Lagrama who is a fantastic resource for Library workers across the world. Not just in the Philippines and the work they've done to preserve the history of the country and to make that information accessible to the users of information resources in the Archipelago. There are some of my library Heroes and I hope that they are some of yours is well, So, thank you Rupert for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with the rest of the community. And let's all put libraries at the heart of what we do. Because libraries work because we do thank you

About:
Emily Drabinski is Critical Pedagogy Librarian at the Graduate Center, City University of New York. She publishes and presents widely on topics related to knowledge organization, information literacy, and critical perspectives in librarianship. Drabinski edits Gender and Sexuality in Information Studies, a book series from Library Juice Press/Litwin Books. She is a contributing writer at Truthout. 

She will serve as president of the American Library Association in 2023-24.

- emilydrabinski.com - 

Please like,share and subscribe
Visit my blog: Librariansecretfiles.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts