Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Give and Make A Difference : The Library That Creates Hope - Mary



“It was a lightbulb moment!”

"When I was cleaning my children's room full of clutter and noticed that the bookshelf was overflowing. Right away, I thought many children in my hometown back in the Philippines will appreciate if I will donate  these pre-loved books and toys. So, I also contacted the people I know from the Municipal Government City of Iriga to collaborate with them with my vision and luckily, they did”- Mary Seits

The Library

No photo description available.

Mary’s Book Donation Project was also an idea to honor her father who passed away in 2008. Her father’s love for children made him an author and an educator. Mary learned a lot from her father especially the gift of sharing. The special thing about Mary's donations are the books and toys. Instead of giving goods or cash, she always thought that the people in their community where she lives back in the Philippines are fond of reading. Especially the kids she said, they  are very happy to receive these kind of presents.  

Image may contain: 1 person

The growing library was named after her father “Dr. Dominador V. Osea Children's – Library”. Mary remembers her father who kept asking, to gather all the pre-loved toys and clothes she and her sisters have so they can donate all of these items to kids who need it.

Mary currently lives abroad in Tsawwassen-Ladner, Delta - Canada together with her own family and sisters who also helps her to encourage everyone in their community to donate. Though donations are not enough, they also buy books using saved money from their own pockets. She purchases and receives mostly children’s book.




The Future of Mary’s Book Donation Project


No photo description available.

“My vision is to open more Children libraries in the future. My first goal is to put accessible libraries in the Bicol region then eventually look into spreading country wide. It is a slow process as it takes a lot of time, money and effort and I would like to make sure that there is enough books in each of our libraries and to make sure that the books are properly looked after. 

For me, having libraries are needed in the computer crazed world.
Our children need to have the love for reading. 

Books can take them places, it helps them dream, it gives them vision and hope.

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people sitting, people standing and text

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor
No photo description available.



About Mary Seit

“I am a Registered Nurse by profession but I successfully established my own medical Aesthetic business in Canada. I have won several awards in my industry. People tease me that I am the "Vicki Belo of Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada.  I am married and have three children ages 13, 10 and 7”


Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling


Image may contain: 1 person


You can also visit their Facebook page, just follow the link : https://www.facebook.com/irigachildrenslibrary/


Thank you for your time reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Give and Make A Difference : The Library That Creates Hope - Mary

“It was a lightbulb moment!” "When I was cleaning my children's  room full of clutter and noticed that the bookshe...