Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2020

Lost Chance For Three Hundred Thousand Library Out Reach Program Budget (NCCA Competitive Grants 2020)



It all started when the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) posted an invitation calling for project proposals and granting them financial assistance. Here's the link:  https://www.librariansecretfiles.com/2019/07/call-for-proposals-ncca-2020.html

Trust me, when submitting an entry especially on a National level, make sure your designed program is briefly understandably, specific to its goals, and direct to the point.Try creating the most competitive program ever! 

Lastly, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO FOLLOW ALL THE GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS NEEDED. 

In this narrative, I would like to tell you the brief process of submitting your entry and what's next kind of story.

-----On July 2019-----

I submitted my proposal " There is Love in Libraries, Your LibLife Forever" : which is entitled to fall under 2 categories; 
SCH-LIBRARIES 2 : LOCAL STORYTELLING COMPETITION , 
SCH-LIBRARIES 4 : ENHANCING GOVERNMENT LIBRARY UNITS. 

The program envisions to help a poor community by assisting parents to motivate their children to read. It includes so many activities such as , storytelling, book drive, mass service, bible giving, educational film showing and also the plan to provide snacks and goody bags at the same time. 




-----On August 23,2019----- 

They sent me letter thru a snail mail , congratulating me that they have received and acknowledge my request for the grant.

FYI, I sent it thru email, where chances are less in getting acknowledge. Furthermore, most government organizations requires to these kind of documents to be sent thru PO mailbox.

I feel very fortunate at this very moment, Thank God! my entry got accepted.

But...There were 2 major problems.

First , I'm out of the country for work. I have received a copy of this reply letter picture taken sent on Facebook. 

Second, It lacks of supporting requirements from the assisting organization since I mentioned  that a University Library will technically execute the program.


-----The Plan-----

Actually, before sending these request to NCCA , I have told and asked permission to the superior of my helping organization. They said, thank you for the initiative! 

But neither do I know, if  it was pending?
Of course,  I sent an email to follow up.
and again,  just waiting for a positive response......

Have you ever you felt so excited, happy and hopeful for something good to happen. Then suddenly, you just felt tired of waiting. Well it happened for me here.





-----On November 27,2019-----

Thank you NCCA for sending this letter!

Really felt appreciated for all my efforts. 

Even tho, things didn't go far as I hope, maybe it's not the time yet. 



I hope this narrative inspires you to create!

#MoveOn   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts