Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2018

THE NEWLY CROWNED MISS INTERNATIONAL 2018 BIRTHDAY WISH HAS TO DO WITH READING BOOKS


Mariem Claret Velazco Garcia, Venezuela
Miss International 2018


Miss International is a Tokyo-based international beauty pageant organized by The International Culture Association. The pageant was first held in 1960. Miss International is the fourth largest pageant in the world in terms of having crowned national winners to participate in the international contest.
source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_International

As part of the competition, the Top 8 beautiful ladies were called to make a speech for their aspirations and desires if they win the title to be crowned as our next Miss International.

Miss Venezuala was crowned Miss International 2018, after that heartwarming speech she gave to promote free access to books for every children in the most unfavorable places.

Here's Mariem's winning speech: 
It’s a very special day for all Miss International delegates, but for me, it’s doubly special as today I am also celebrating my birthday. In my country, we have the custom of not revealing our birthday wish, but today I want to make an exception. My dream, my birthday wish is that if I were to be privileged enough to be your next Miss International, I can continue to stimulate children around the world to read. In Venezuela, I have devoted a great part of my time serving as a storyteller for less favored populations, and I’m living proof that reading is the way towards knowledge. My goal as Miss International is that every child around the world have access to books that speak about tolerance, respect, and happiness. I firmly believe in the power of dreams to change societies and think if everyone of us takes on the duty of reading a story to a child, that child will be more educated and the world will be happier. That is my birthday wish.https source : https://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/specials/216347-miss-international-2018-top-8-speech
please check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfwHfdiN9C0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts